First Snowfall




Some years we wait impatiently, hoping there will be snow in time for Christmas. This year is far different. The first snowfall in Ontario this week brought varying degrees of comfort. Near Lake Ontario, we awakened to a light sprinkle that brightened our hearts. My friend, who lives an hour south of Ottawa, told me they got two feet of snow. Good thing she loves snow.



On the morning following the first snowfall, the air was cool and the wind calm. Dog walkers were aplenty as Little Bear and I took to the trails. Rabbit tracks were everywhere and I heard the sweet call of a cardinal before I saw him in a tree.

There is just one more month left in the year. If winters would stay this beautiful and silent, no one would complain. Unfortunately, they seem to last much longer than the warm months.

I cannot imagine living in a country without four seasons. There is beauty to behold in each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment